The following are the Learning Goals of the Rutgers Undergraduate Meteorology Program.
A successful Meteorology graduate will be able to:
1) Conduct a weather discussion and make a seven-day national and local weather forecast, describing the weather that will occur and the mesoscale and synoptic weather systems that will be responsible.
2) Demonstrate an understanding of anthropogenic impacts on atmospheric chemistry and climate and their potential environmental and societal consequences.
3) Exhibit critical thinking when confronting new information.
4) Communicate clearly orally and in writing, including by electronic means.
5) Apply the mathematical and physical foundations of meteorology and climatology to solve problems using analytical and computational methods.
6) Explore and take into account the social and environmental consequences of any job they consider and try to improve these aspects of any organizations for which they work.